Thursday, February 08, 2007

29 Week Update

We're FINALLY back from our appointment! It was a long one today. I had several things done.... a couple shots, the glucose test for diabetes, and then my regular check up. Thankfully all went well. I tested negative for gestational diabetes and the baby's heartbeat sounded good. Based on the speed of the heartbeat, Dr. Egner guessed a boy today. All three doctors have submitted their guesses... and as it stands its 2 for boy, 1 for girl. Only 79 more days to find out who's right!

Upcoming Events:

This Saturday Jason and I have our child birth class! I'll post an update afterwards... I'm hoping we have a lot of fun! Can't wait to see Jason in action!

Monday, February 12th Jason and I go for a tour of Good Sam Hospital. They encourage all first time parents to do this so you are less likely to panic come the big day!

Here's a picture of my belly at almost 29 weeks.




1 comment:

Jess said...

Carrie~
My name is Jessica. I am a friend of Nadia's. I just want to tell you that you look wonderful! And I can't believe you haven't really "popped" yet!! I too all along would here "you don't even look pregnant"...blah blah blah. Even though I sure felt like I was. But then I would say about week 28/29 for me is when I looked down at my belly and finally had the WHOA...I have a baby belly! It is so much fun. And then it just keeps getting bigger from there. But I can't believe you still don't have one yet. I can't wait to see pictures of you and hear what you think about it when you do because it is so much fun. Wait until about week 32 I would say when the movements of your baby are different and feel like they are doing the "wave" in your belly. So much fun! Plus your husband will get to feel that foot or elbow pushing out against you. Such a neat and exciting experience. Anyways, love your nursery and the colors you choose. And how fun to have your baby so close in age to Vera. That will be a life long bond between them! Congratulations to you. Only a few more weeks to go!!