Thursday, March 15, 2007

Old Wives Tale

My family came over last night to watch American Idol (we DVR Tuesday nights show). We were a little bored so we decided to test some old wives tales on predicting the gender of our baby.

Chinese Lunar Calendar -
For this myth you take the mother's age at conception and then the month in which conception occurred and check the graphic http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/cal.html
According to this tale we are having a boy.

The Ring Test -
Take a piece of thread and place your wedding band on it. Hold it over your belly and watch the motion. If it swings in a circular motion, the baby is a boy. If it swings back and forth like a pendulum, the baby is a girl.

Lori's ring circled = boy. Cassie's ring swung back and forth = girl. We tried to get the boys to participate, but they were to busy watching basketball!


Here are a couple pictures of our ring test!



3 comments:

Duncan Family said...

i did the needle and thread test and it came up as a girl. I did the chinese lunar and it came up as boy... WHO KNOWS! We will find out soon..

Jess said...

How fun!! I too did the Chinese lunar test and it came up boy and our first ultrasound where they can tell you what you are having said it was a boy. Then everyone after that said it is a girl. Like Nadia said WHO KNOWS! Can't wait to find out what you have. I have no idea how you guys can wait. We were so excited to find out and I know that I would not have been able to hold out until the baby came along. Good for the both of you!

Anonymous said...

Those tests are so much fun! I did them too and they all came up as a girl. But then again I also knew the gender. You are a trooper for not finding out! I couldn't have done it!